Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Floral Sympathy Card

This card is doing double duty for Papertrey ink.


First, it is for PTI's Make It Monday's challenge to make a simple/classy sympathy card.  I chose this sweet peas stamp for this because of Dawn's recommendation in the video to not use anything whimsical or cute, but instead to stay with classic, elegant images and fonts.  Almost all my other PTI stamps are for celebrations or whimsical.  But this floral image is appropriate for many occassions. 

This time I decided to color the flower up (with copics) in the blue/violet color range.  I stamped the violet card stock with french script and cut the floral image (and it's under mat) using a very versatile nestability and added a die cut banner stamped with a PTI stamp and an SU sympathy sentiment.  As a final touch, I added the pearl butterfly in the upper left corner.

Second, this card is for the Paper Trey Ink Blog Hop.  Today's blog hop theme is flowers so this matches the bill perfectly. 

Stamp set used:  Papertrey ink sweet peas.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Beautiful image! Love the colours and french script background! Very pretty card :)

Shirley said...

Oh, I love those Sweet Peas and the colors are wonderful!

~Tammy~ said...

This is really pretty! Beautiful image!

Sassafras said...

So pretty. I LOVE sweet peas, and the blue violet is gorgeous.