Saturday, May 21, 2011

French Exchange Student - Hello Card

We finalized our paperwork and approval for our french exchange student to come to our home in August.  I wanted to send Matthieu a note with some information about our family and e-mail/facebook info.  So of course I couldn't just sent a note, I had to send a note and a card!

Since we will go camping in NH for a weekend during his visit, I went with a forest theme for the card.  The image is an A*Muse stamp colored with copics.  The bark paper is also A*Muse and the green argyle is retired SU paper.  I added a wide twill and a brad on the bark tag with another smaller/thinner twill ribbon tied in a knot.

Have any of you had an exchange student?  We are optimistic it will be a fun adventure. 

3 comments:

Shirley said...

He is going to love being with your family and your card will really make him feel special I think! What a lovely male card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Fantastic masculine card Linda! He is going to have such fun with your family this summer! What a wonderful way to welcome him! :D

Sassafras said...

Optimistic is always good...

I love how the elements all go together, especially the wide twill and the woodgrain torn tag. Very masculine yet very appealing to me, too!