Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday - Make it Monday Challenge

Today's post is my latest attempt at the papertrey ink 'Make it Monday' challenge.  The challenge was to only ink up part of the image to make a slightly modified image with your stamp.  I do this often enough, especially with my sentiments to make the 'just right' combination of words for the occasion.

Today's card is a sweet 16 card for my niece Helen.



I like the technique Erin showed on her video of having the inside of the card as special (or more special) than the front so I copied this idea and the idea of the sentiment wrapping around from the front to the back.

I partially inked up the sentiment happy birthday to get two happy's on the front of the card and just the birthday on other side of the banner.

I used my papertrey ink set Enjoy the ride and the matching die.  I die cut the car out of some pti patterned paper, then inked up the car outline with black.  I did a second image in black on white and cut out the windshield and the license plate.  Then I stamped the sweet 16 on the license.  I added two rhinestones to the headlights.  I then traced the die on some old olive card stock and cut out a mat layer to go behind the car.  I glued that to a cut up mat stack die cut.  I sponged a little orange ink along the edges of the mat stack and added a white scallop edge.  I stitched the patterned paper to some orange card stock and did my sentiment trick on the white banner.  Then I glued it and folded the banner across the front to the inside.  I added an orange layer of rick rack to white layered on orange with some patterned paper to the side.  I now just have to get a gift card for Helen and put this in the mail for her.  I can't believe my niece is going to be driving.  Yikes!

Check out the you tube video of Erin's card on the PTI make it monday post by going to the web url listed below.  It's well done and offers some nice suggestions.  Enjoy and have a great day.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/05/make-it-monday-14-selective-inking.html

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a cute card,I'm sure your neice will love it.The license plate and headlight details are great!!!

Janelle said...

Perfect Sweet 16 birthday card... your niece should love it! Great job with the Make It Monday technique.

frontierwoman said...

Very cute sweet sixteen card--love the paper you used. So fresh looking!

Charlene said...

So cute..love the wrap around sentiment and the rhinestone headlights.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful card Linda! Love the license plate and this 'bug goes perfectly with this flowery paper! Too cute! :D