Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hapy Mothers Day

Happy mothers day to you all

Today's post has two mothers day cards. One bright orange and another subtle lavender.  Which is your favorite?

I hope you all got a little recognition today for mother's day.  Right now I am enjoying sitting down while my lovely daughter cooks dinner for us all.   She came home from college for the day to celebrate with us.  We had a nice time at the mall searching for dresses.  She was looking for a dress for next Saturday nights senior formal and I was looking for a dress to wear to her graduation.  She lucked out and found two gorgeous dresses that she couldn't decide between.  Both of hers were on the clearance/sale rack for @ 50.00.  I was looking everywhere and didn't find anything.  I have a little more time so it was no big deal that I struck out.  I was glad she found what she wanted.  I think she's going to go with the fancy red dress she found second and will return the more classic/elegant blue one she found first.  She'll go back to school and have her friends give their input.  I hope she sends pictures on the night of the event.  If she does, I'll post them.

Recipe for cards below:

Orange card: 
Stamps:  Impression Obsession (freebie that I won for IO challenge last week.)
Paper:  Peach Pizzaz, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Scraps of patterned paper


Lavender Card:
Stamps:  SU: Well Scripted, Paper Trey Ink Mat Stack 5
Paper:  Memory Box,
Accessories:  paper trey ink die, copics, crumb cake ribbon

Thanks for looking and thanks for leaving a message.

3 comments:

Sassafras said...

I'm not normally an orange person (or even normal at all!) but I'll have to go with the beautifully colored flowers and greenery. I do love the lavender papers, though - they are gorgeous! And I love the color combination.

Happy Mother's Day to you! Your evening sounds ideal - enjoy.

wrapknot said...

the lavendar is lovely and such a classic design.
happy mom's day to you dear cousin!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful cards Linda! You've colored up your new IO image perfectly! I LOVE the cluster of pearls on the second card! Wonderfully done! :D