Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Impresssion Obsession Graduation Card for IO challenge

Don't you just LOVE free things?  A few weeks ago I submitted a card to the Impression Obsession challenge to use birds and I was the winner of the raffle for $25.00 of IO product.  I chose this beautiful stamp (called simply book - cap) and made this darling card for my Sarah's college graduation later this month.

For this card I used my new Paper Trey Ink patterned papers called Library Ledgers.  I love the aqua mist and brown tones in this paper.   I die cut a big circle and then layered it on a soft suede scallop circle.  I colored the IO graduation image in copics and added some gold paint and stickles to give texture.   I had some patterned pearl accents and added those to the edges to give it a little glamor and bling and I finished it off with a small cut out sentiment from my paper trey ink Adsense stamp set.  The scallops on the bottom are actually on the inside layer of the card so when you open the card up the brown and blue are on the bottom.

To keep the layout in sync, I chose to do this as a square card.  It measures 5.5 X 5.5.

Thanks so much for looking and thanks so much for leaving me comments.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Linda! What a truly lovely graduation card!! Gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Sassafras said...

This is truly lovely. It is filled with so many small interesting details yet is subtle and understated. I especially like the notebook page background which relates directly to the book image, and all the scallop details, including the pearls. Love it!

Shannon White said...

Wow, what a pretty graduation card! Love your image and lovely dp. 8-)