Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Make it Monday - Sweet Peas





Today's post is for papertrey inks Make It Monday challenge.





Jennifer has done a great video on how to use your re-inkers to make a spray mist.  In addition to this technique, the video shows some other great information about embossing.  I found it very useful.

For my card, I chose to use this old SU ink Cameo Coral and made a coral glimmer mist.   I stamped my tag with versamark using sweet peas stamp set.  I embossed it with clear embossing power and then sprayed my mist.  I added drops of re-inker in the centers of the flower to get this watercolor effect.

It doesn't show well on my photo, but I also sprayed my card base and then put it through my cuttlebug with the library embossing sheet.  The embossing works really well when the card stock is damp.  I put my tag on a pti green mat and added a ribbon and layer of pearls.

I didn't have a ranger mister but I did have a walmart travel spray container so this worked just fine for my re-inker mist.  I always use what I have and generally get good results. Although if I plan to do this with other colors I would probably pick up a few of the ranger mist containers.  They are probably pretty reasonably priced.

The video link is below.  I highly recommend you watch it.  Go ahead and make a card using this technique.  Post it with mr. linky and enter the drawing to win a papertrey ink stamp set.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/05/make-it-monday-15-make-your-own-spray-mists.html

9 comments:

Baseret said...

Beautiful card! I love the water color effect.

Cathy Weber said...

Just wanted to let yiou know how pretty this is. I had to zoom in real close to catch every detail. Great job. This MIM is a tough one and you nailed it.

Sincerely, Ree said...

Your card turned out beautiful! Love those flowers and the colors!

Kristii said...

absolutely beautiful!!! The water color effect is beautiful and the sweet peas are perfect!!

Lisa said...

Terrific job on the challenge,pretty card!

ChristineCreations said...

This has such a beautiful soft effect! Perfect for sweet peas too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful card, Linda! Looks so soft and pretty! What a fun technique! I think that the coral sweet peas are just lovely! I can see your stitching peeking out too...it looks terrific! :D

Shirley said...

How pretty and the flowers are outstanding too!

Kary said...

Love the pretty colours of your card!! Nice job!