Monday, May 16, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge




We have a rainy Monday here in New England today.  We had a rainy Sunday and they say we will have rain for the next 10 days.    It should be very green and lush by Memorial Day.     I'll just have to be sure to bring my umbrella each day.

Today's post is for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I'm really happy with the way my stitching turned out on this one.  I am doing stitching on most of my cards this month, just to get some practice in.  I think the practice is helping me get better.  I'm not as nervous feeding the card through the machine and I have a steadier hand.  Isn't this teacher lady just adorable?  I inked her up, cut her out and colored her in with my copics.  The base of the card is SU poppy and the ribbon is the coordinating twill.  She is glued on top of a die cut from Alphabet soup using the Ad sense die from Paper trey ink.  The banner was done with MFT's banner die and glued to a twine rope.  I stitched the A*Muse paper onto the poppy paper and then added some Ad Sense circle dies to the banner.  I used my alphabet stamps to make the A and cut it out to glue it on.  I adore this.   Very bright and cheerful for an elementary school teacher.

Thanks for stopping by.  Leave a comment if you can.


3 comments:

Charlene said...

Cute, cute...love the lined paper bg.

Sassafras said...

SO cute!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so sweet, Linda! As you can see I'm quite behind on my commenting...ugh! What a fun mix of colors and patterns! :D