Sunday, May 22, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge

My daughter Sarah graduated Summa Cum Laude from Gordon College yesterday with a degree in English and Literature.   We had a wonderful day.  It had rained for 5 days straight, but yesterday was warm and sunny.  I actually got a sunburn on my shoulders.  We did not expect it to be so sunny.  The forecast was 30% chance of rain.  We brought umbrellas and my father in law used the umbrella as a sun shield.

I had made Sarah a graduation card a little while ago (see earlier posts) but had gotten a darling graduation stamp from MFT this past week.  I knew I would use the MFT stamp for other graduation cards and I also am using it to make a box of thank you cards for Sarah to use for all those graduation gifts.









So while the boys were golfing yesterday afternoon/evening I played with this stamp set and the MFT sketch for the week.  I tried two color schemes.  I am surprised at how different the card looks with the two colors.  Both are nice.  I am looking forward to taking the copic class next month.  I was playing with the greys for shading and the hair color with shading and would like to know more about how to get a better effect.  To me, my haircolor looks very flat compared with other cards I see done.  I hope Lori will cover this in her class.   Which card/color do you like best?  I'll be making 3 more of these later today.  I may use these same colors or I may mix it up and introduce some new colors.  Let's see how adventurous I get.

Are you wanting to see some pictures of the graduation?  I don't have any to share yet!  We got Sarah a nice Canon SLR camera so the photos we took were on her new Rebel.  She is still up at school till tomorrow so I'll have to wait for her to come home to get those photo's on my computer to show.  Stop in later this week to see them. 

Here is the sketch I worked with:


If you make a card using this sketch, you can win free MFT products.  Give it a try.  I am still hopeful that I'll be a winner one of these times.

4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

They are both lovely Linda, and yes oh, so different! I really like the one with the sheet music! Congrats to Sarah! I can't wait to see the graduation pictures! :D

Kimberly Gajewski said...

PS. All of your sewing practice is really paying off! The stitching looks fabulous on these! :D

Shirley said...

Both of these are just wonderful! How fun, pretty, and what keepers too!

Sassafras said...

Love both of them! I think your shading is quite nice and I love your colored images. These make me think of Sarah in her graduation photos. Really sweet!