Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You make me smile

I know, I just posted a little while ago and here I am again with another post.  Highly unusual.  I just felt like I was cheating on the PTI blog hop if I posted the card I made Monday night for the Make it Monday challenge.  Yes, that sympathy card totally fit the bill for the blog hop, but I felt I should make a SPECIAL flower card for the hop.  I wanted something really summery and cheery so I chose to use the flowers from the Mason Jar spring fillers and make a row of sunflowers.  I decided to add buttons to the centers and then chose to add the 'You Make Me Smile' sentiment.  It's a tad busy and if I were to play with a bit I would probably do something more simplistic with the sentiment, but here is what I came up with.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.  Now I'm off to see the American Idol finale and check out all the great PTI cards on the blog hop.

Check out Nicole's link to see all the master creations.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/05/may-2011-blog-hop.html

20 comments:

Anne B said...

Great idea to stamp the flowers repeatedly to get a row of sunflowers - so cheery and the perfect card for spring :)

Sara Paschal said...

Love your flowers;)

Karen C. said...

Sunflowers always mean summer to me!! Great use of this image - a very cheery card!!

Teresa said...

Very sunny. I like the hand cutting and the cloud paper behind.

Luanne said...

I love it! I wouldnt change a thing. I eager to stamp those sunflowers. I like the added buttons! TFS!

Shirley said...

Well, this one is just lovely too, and those buttons are too too cute!

Karen said...

Both cards are lovely, but I love the colors of this one.

Leigh said...

What a pretty card! I love all the layering you did!

Lisa said...

Linda this is just darling...love it!!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Cute card!

Kristii said...

Soooo cute!! Your card totally makes me smile!!!

Sassafras said...

LOVE the button sunflowers - YOU make me smile! I love the patterned paper as the cloudy sky, and I especially like the matting, particularly the thin black mat, which offsets the other mats perfectly. This is a great card!

Sue Lelli said...

Linda, i so LOVE your button flowers! SUPER card!

Inkyfingers said...

I don't think this is too busy and your sunflowers really do make me smile.
Hugs
Carol x

Wendy ten Hove said...

This card also makes me smile! Pretty flowers!
Hugs, Wendy

Jen Carter said...

What sweet sunflowers! Very cute!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just so sweet! Love it!

Pam W. said...

Well, I say that you were successful. It is summery and it is very cheery. Way to go!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really sweet flowers, lovely card.

Courtney K said...

love those button flowers!