Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Artist Trading Card - Bon Appetite - Melon

Good morning,
Are you enjoying some summer weather to kick start June?  Here in New England it continues to be hot and summer like.  Wednesday is my day off so I am hoping to get some weeding and gardening done.  I am also hoping that the Yoga/Pilates class I take will be held outdoors under the gazebo.  It's so nice to do that class with a nice fresh breeze blowing and the trees in full bloom around us.





Today's post is an Artist Trading Card.  These are little 2X3 creations that are meant to be shared and traded.  I am heading off with some friends to the West Springfield Stamping show and they are hosting an ATC swap where the theme is 'Bon Appetite.'  I don't have any cooking related stamps, but I just got this adorable melon stamp and die set from papertrey ink and figured melon is a food so it works.  When I make my ATC's, I just make a miniature card.  Other people do all kinds of interesting things so I will be curious to see what I get in the swap.  I plan to make 10 of these while my car is at the shop today having the AC fixed.  This morning I'll precut the paper and melons, then I'll bring along my stamps, glue and ribbon and work on them there in the dealerships air conditioned waiting room.  I'll have to take over an entire table, but it should be pretty quiet at 1:00pm on a Wednesday.

Recipe for this card:
Papertrey ink Melon stamp set
Papertrey ink Argyle stamp set
Papertrey ink Melon die  (one die cut in white, one die cut in melon card stock.)
Papertrey ink Melon felt
Papertrey ink Melon card stock
Papertrey ink Melon ribbon (twill)
SU patterned paper in old olive
SU ink Cameo Coral (retired) & SU old olive ink.

1 comment:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the watermelon stamp. Was curious about your ATC. You indicate size as 2" x 3". I've made ATCs and size are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com