Friday, June 17, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Masculine


Good morning,
Today I have two masculine cards for the bloggers challenge.  The first is using the Amuse panda, bamboo and sentiment 'you are one of a kind.'  This one is set on green and brown double sided paper.  I think he's very cute.  The second is using a retired stampin up golf image.  The second card is using sahara sand, very vanilla and artichoke.

We had exciting news this week.  My daughter Sarah applied to the peace corp in January.  She got her invitation this week.  She is invited to teach english in the Ukraine.  She is excited and praying about the opportunity.  If any of you have information about the peace corp or the Ukraine, let me know.  I'm excited for her, but will miss her terribly if she goes in September.  It is a 2 year assignment and a great opportunity for her.

Check out the other bloggers entries or enter your own masculine card below:



Well, off to walk my doggies and pack my lunch before heading to work.  Have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful masculine cards, love the golf collage! What a great opportunity for your daughter with the Peace Corp!

BarbaraW said...

Two great masculine cards. Congrats to your daughter. I was a Peace Corps volunteer way back in the late 60's. I served two years in the Philippines. It was probably the best experience of my whole life.

Ida said...

Wonderful job on both cards. Great layouts. The Golf card images are really cool.
Congrats to your daughter. What an awesome opportunity.

Basement Stamper said...

Great cards, love the golf one. Wishing your daughter the best of luck in the Peace Corps, what a wonderful opportunity!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are terrific Linda! Love the panda card...so cute! The golf card is wonderful too! The metal pieces really make a lovely accent! :D

Nikki Bond said...

These are both wonderful! Enjoy your weekend. {SMILES}

Shirley said...

OHMYGosh! Aren't you the proud and excited parent! I am thrilled to learn what she is doing! Wow!.....Oh, and by the way, your cards are so lovely! I like that little Panda and you history of golf too! Great FD cards!

Sassafras said...

The panda card is really aesthetically pleasing - nice layout and all-around design.

I love the colors of the golf card and the background paper. The hardware adds a nice touch to the whole masculine image.

Two Happy Stampers said...

Love your layout and the cute panda! Fun card :-) - Heidi

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your cards- darling Panda! and the golf card too. Oh how awesome for your daughter- one of my friends is from the Ukrane!

JP Card Crazy said...

Both cards are fabulous!! Love the layouts. The added embellishments on the golfer card are perfect for the card!

Barbara said...

Fabulous cards! Both are just wonderful....but I especially like the golf-themed card. You see, I live with a golfer and many weekends, I'm a "golf widow!!" (It's OK...gives me time in my Stamp Studio!)