Friday, June 3, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Pets






Add a few curves to this women (she is VERY skinny, I am not), add some lined crocs for shoes, add a pooper scooper to her hands and take away the poodle from this picture and this is representation of what I will be doing in a few minutes.  I love taking my two dogs (Tank and Joey) for their two walks a day.  Usually we head out around 6:30am in the morning for a nice 20 minute walk and then after dinner around 7:30 at night, they get their second walk.   I love walking in my neighborhood.  The morning is peaceful with the birds singing and scuttering about.  The evening is fun, often the neighbor kids are out and they greet the dogs warmly as we go by. 

Today's BC theme was pets so I pulled out this often neglected stamp from DeNami.  I paper pieced her dress, which was challenging.  It was awfully small to cut at some points.  Then I layered the card together with this beautiful paper from SU.  I just read this papers is being discontinued so if you want it, order it now.  It's called 'Elegant Soiree' and it's really, really nice.  I may order a second pack.  I added a grommet and a Baja Breeze bow and voila - my card is done.

This weekend I am off with a stamping friend to the West Springfield stamp show. I am bringing $50.00 cash (no charge cards for me this weekend) and I will browse around and find some goodies.  Can't wait to see what they are showing.  Springfield had some tornadoes Tues evening but the fairgrounds where the show is are okay.  What are you doing this weekend?

If you want to play with the challenge, just make your 'pet' card, post it to your blog and add your link below.  Have fun with it.

12 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great card Linda, love the dog walker image.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful card Linda! Fab design, love the papers and added piecing of the dress!

BarbaraW said...

Great image for the challenge. Love the background paper and the bow.

Beth said...

Cute card, love the SU papers with this image!

Ida said...

Fabulous card. I love the DP you used, it does have a very elegant feel about it and your paper piecing was wonderful.
Hope you have a fantastic time with your friend and can't wait to see what you purchase.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Nice card. Especially like the blue colors. Have fun at the stamping show.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

JP Card Crazy said...

This image is very cute and love the way you colored it. Your dogs are so fortunate two walks a day!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Fun card, Linda! What a sweet image! Great papers too! Have fun tomorrow! I wish I was going with you! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

Fantastic card! I love the dog walker stamp; especially the layout that you chose!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific card! Beautifuly presented.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card- love the image and the great paper piecing. I love that SU paper too. We have a graduation today- our youngest is graduating from H.S. Two down, one more graduation next weekend!

Shirley said...

Your description is hilarious and your card is just very pretty indeed!