Friday, June 10, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Sketch Challenge - Graduation

Happy Friday,

This weeks bloggers challenge is a sketch challenge.  I needed more graduation cards (for boys) so used this sketch to make a graduation card for Alex.  Alex is a friend of Eric's.  He graduates from WCS tonight and his party is Saturday.  I used this Memory Box black and white paper.  I added in this red text box patterned paper as the accent for the lower border.  The words say things like 'seek truth', 'be unique' and 'laugh' so I thought it fit well with the graduation theme.  For the sentiment I stamped my happy graduation on vellum and then tucked it under the red paper and the twine so the tape/glue didn't show.  I attempted some stitching but it's not my best....  I am getting better, but definitely need to be VERY careful to stay straight!  I included the sketch for any of you who want to play this week in our bloggers challenge.

Tomorrow I'm off to meet Lori Craig and Debbie Olson at the Boston Copic Certification class.  I am very excited.  I just got my notebook ready (I heard I will want to take lots of notes) and inked up a few classic floral and girl images on two alternate papers (papertrey ink white and neenah classic solar white.)  They say we don't have to do this, but I'd like to try the technique's on the papers I have at home (in addition to any papers they have for us to use.)  It's a triple bonus day for me because 1) I get to take the class with Lori and Debbie, 2) I get to carpool with my friend Kimberly and chit chat during the drive and 3) the hotel restaurant serves sushi.  Yum!

Check out what the other team members did below and/or post your card and link it it.

11 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Great take on the challenge. Wonderful graduation card

Lisa Bohler said...

Terrific grad card!!! I love the colors and the paper you used is fab!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab take on the sketch with your wonderful grad card! Have fun at the Copic Class!

njburk said...

Looks like this was alot of fun to make--esp. adding in all those great words. So appropriate for a Grad!
Hugs, N

Basement Stamper said...

Great graduation card and man, I'm filled with envy at the class you are taking, can't wait to hear how it was!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Someone will be proud to receive this card! Excellent!

Ida said...

Great grad card. Love how you used all the different words at the bottom.
Have a great time at the Copic class.

Shirley said...

What a very clever and fun grad card!! I am doing this through the Google Reader and you just might have something. Thanks for your suggestion.

Yvonne Garner said...

Really clever card! Enjoy the Copic Class! Would love to be able to be there too!

JP Card Crazy said...

Awesomely whimsical!! Love everything you did on ths card!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful graduation card Linda! You did a terrific job with the sketch! Love the strip with all of the words! :D