Thursday, June 23, 2011

Copic Markers - Flicking, Blending & reverse imaging

Hi bloggers,

Well it's Thursday and that means it's time for a copic post. I made my first instructional video for you!  It's short and I hope you enjoy it.

The video shows how I made this card above.

Basically you pick two colors that are somewhat contrasting.
You start with the side of your copic sketch marker and put the side on the paper and quickly and loosely flick the marker up and away so the ink goes from the edge to the center.  You do the entire edge in one color, then turn your paper and do the other edge in the opposing color.  You repeat this several times until there is no white left, just your two colors.

To do the reverse imaging, you put colorless blender on your stamp and stamp down.  Where the colorless blender goes on your paper, the ink pulls away and leaves white where the stamp is.




I realized when I watched this back that the lighting is TERRIBLE in this video.  Oops!  I'll adjust it for any future posts.  Thanks for looking and have a great day!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Linda, your card is wonderful and I love the technique. TFS on the video too! A picture is a thousand words they say!!

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! My favorite blogger is now posting videos - just the lift I needed! I'm so excited and can't wait to SEE (get it?) more!