Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cracked Glass - Paper Trey Ink Make it Monday

So this week's Make It Monday was about creating cracked glass over a stamped image.  I had never tried this before, but it is an interesting technique that I plan to use again.  I already have ideas to use this for my new snowglobe Christmas stamp.  The video is short and informative.  I had all the supplies but one and easily found the embossing powder it calls for at Michaels (with a 40% coupon.)

You can watch the video with Heather by clicking the link.  This will also allow you to see all the other people who tried this technique.


http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/05/make-it-monday-17-cracked-glass-technique.html

So, here is my card....




I decided to stay with the floral theme (like Heather did) and I started with a base of so saffron and inked up my tulips from my PTI Mason Jar additions set.  I added a scallop layer of peach pizazz and then layered on so saffron patterned paper and used my new PTI edge die.  I put a final mat of black underneath.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for leaving a comment.  We have a beautiful, sunny day here in New England.  I am off to church and then hope to get a nice long walk with the dogs this afternoon.  Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Very pretty. I like your brite flowers with the soft background. Great idea for the snow globe too.

Shirley said...

Very pretty with or w/o the cracked glass! Lovely!

Sassafras said...

This is really pretty. Love the cheery colors and that new edge is very nice. What set does the Happy Birthday come from?

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my, Linda! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the colors and those tulips are so pretty! Beautiful job with the cracked glass...that's one of my favorite techniques! Wonderfully done! :D