Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Let's hear it for the boys - Impression Obsession Challenge

Today's card is for the Impression Obsession Challenge.

The challenge was to use an impression obsession stamp and make a masculine card.  The timing was perfect for this challenge.  We have several graduation parties this weekend for Eric's friends, so I inked up the I/O stamp Book and Cap and did a masculine theme with blues and yellows.  This card will go to Michael.  He graduates Friday night and his party is Saturday afternoon.  I won't be joining the party (hubby and son will go) because I will be at Copic Certification in Boston. I am so excited for the class.

So do you recognize this stamp?  It is the same stamp set I used to make Sarah's ultra girly over the top card last month.  Isn't it amazing how the same stamp can create such different and interesting cards?
I wanted to use my new Webster Pages patterned paper and was happy to find this nautical themed page with the perfect graduation words.  I added twine and buttons to finish off the card.

Want to play in the challenge?  Create your card (use at least one I/O stamp), post it and then use the link in tool in the link below to be considered.  Randomly selected winners get $25.00 gift certificate. 

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2011/06/lets-hear-it-for-the-boys-challenge.html

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Linda, Another sensational card! I really like how your DP is perfect for the BG too! I want to wish you good luck in the drawing and thanks so much for playing!

Sassafras said...

Ohhhh, the sign element is the background paper, right? (I was looking for something nautical...) It took me some time.... I thought it was a stamp. I love all the words and how the sentiment inside relates to the travel - so appropriate for graduation. Really nice colors, too.

Wish I could come to the Copics class with you. Let me know when we can get together and you can teach me a little... I look forward to a coloring session together. Enjoy it!

artycarty said...

Your coloring is already very nice - it'll get even better after your Copic class - don't forget to bring an extra notebook to take all the notes - you do get some individual attention and you will have more tips for your own coloring. Cheers, Steph

Jenny Gropp said...

Oh wow, that DP and stamp were made for each each other!!! What a great idea to pair them up! Love the card! Enjoy the Copics class!

artycarty said...

How did you like your Copic Certification class?
Steph