Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Make it Monday - Reverse Masking

Today's post is for the Papertrey ink make it monday challenge.


The URL below includes the 10 minute you tube video explaining how to do the technique.  It's really quite simple and fun.  

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/06/make-it-monday-20-reverse-masking.html

If you try the technique with PTI stamps, post your submission on the blog you are entered to win a free stamp set.

I used the mason jar additions (spring) tulip stamp and the background stamp set Argyle.  I kept the colors fun and whimsical to add to the feel of the bright and playful tulips.

Oh, and for all you papercrafters out there, I read in Ladies Home Journal today that if we use our hands - we will be happier.   How great is that?  "Working with your hands can flood your brain with natural antidepressants.'  They also go on to say that it will decrease stress levels.  So, stamp away my friends and BE HAPPY.  The article is in the July 2011 issue of Ladies Home Journal.  It is titled 'Want to be happier?' and it was written by Catherine Newman.

4 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

Linda I love your happy card. What a great way to use the argyle stamps.
Hugs
Carol x

Teresa said...

So cool how you used the tulips. I can't wait to try it your card is beautiful.

Cyndie said...

Oh, this is SO cute! Love your argyle tulips! And thanks for the heads up on the article--I'll look for it!

Shirley said...

Beautiful, I love your paper piecing! It is just perfect for your lovely card!