Monday, June 6, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge

Good morning,

My friend Maureen and I had a great time at the West Springfield Stamping show Saturday.  I now have a new favorite paper - Webster Pages.   I saw some samples of this paper line with the MFT pure innocence and fell in love.  It gives these girls a whole new image.  I love it.  I had borrowed this set from my friend Kimberly but when I saw this at the Bella Art booth I decided it was time this Pure Innocence Girl came to my house for good.  I also acquired a few Impression Obsession Christmas stamps, several new stickle colors and some paper.  I was pretty good and managed to not pull out the charge card once, but only have coins in my wallet right now.  I spent every last dollar I brought with me.

This card is for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I decided to make my squares out of vellum.  I was also inspired to stamp french script writing on the vellum with Tim Holz Antique Linen ink.  It's very subtle but I like it alot.  I usually don't like to work with vellum because I find it hard to apply to my card since most strong adhesives show through on vellum.  But now that I am becoming more proficient in stitching, I decided to stitch the vellum on the card.  I carefully lined them up, used a few post it notes to hold it in place and then stitched a zigzag stitch around the outer edge of the 4 vellum squares.  Below is the inspiration sketch.


The paper is double sided so I used the yellow as the main page and then flipped it over and used the blue/purple paper for the circle and scallop edge.  The paper piecing on this girl is time consuming but very feasible.  To get the watering can and dress and hands I did three layers.  Yellow dress, blue watering can, yellow again for on-top of the watering can and then the hands.  Feasible yes - time consuming yes - worth it - probably.  Her shoes have a layer of glass effects on top of the Copic W9 grey and I finished the card off with a cream ribbon, off-white button and a circle sentiment of Hugs.

My sister is soon to celebrate a milestone birthday.  She is also an avid gardener.  This card may be the one I use for that occasion so the inside will have a nice birthday sentiment.

I hope you have a nice Monday.  Leave me a comment if you can!

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Linda! Beautiful papers! I'm so glad that I stopped by...I forgot to do my card! I just finished...Thanks for the reminder! I'm glad that you and Maureen had a good time on Saturday! I can't wait to hear all about it! :D

Sassafras said...

So cute! That paper is really nice... and your stitching looks great. I love the little details like the patent leather shoes. I'm glad you got this stamp!