Friday, July 15, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Sketch Challenge


Good morning bloggers.
This weeks bloggers challenge was a sketch (my favorite type of challenge!)  I picked up this adorable SU image (A tree for all seasons) from Judi's catalog party last week.  Because I ordered from the new catalog, this retired set was free.  We all can't resist free and I've loved this image since I first started stamping. 

I needed a nice get well card so I inked her up and pulled out this October Afternoon paper and pulled it together.  This card will go to a friends mother.   Lois is in my Tuesday night bible study group and her mom fell in Maine and needed surgery.  She thought if a bunch of us sent her cards it would encourage her.  I will pray that it does.  Below is the sketch we used.
Well I have a busy day at the office and then a relaxing weekend ahead.  I leave for my business trip to Singapore and Shanghai Monday so I'll be busy today getting all the training materials ready.   I'll be training at an internal meeting and I know my boss will need to make some adjustments to the materials today.  I also have to pack and make sure everything fits in a carry on.  Since it is warm where we are going it should be easy to do. 

Saturday we will do a late birthday celebration for my 22 year old Sarah.  In Providence RI they do Waterfire.  She's never been.  The bring in large bonfires and put them all over the river along the main street.  There is live music, performances and it's restaurant week.  It's right near the Providence Place mall so we thought we'd let her pick out a Pandora charm for her bracelet, have dinner and enjoy the festivities.  The weather should be perfect.

I also hope to do some challenges this week and do some advance posting.  I will also be posting from my trip with pictures of exotic flowers and scenery from Asia.  I went online to find things to do on my day off Saturday and have lots of ideas now.  The botanical gardens (with the orchard gardens) is tops on my list.  I also read that there is a yoga class at the Raffles hotel (and many others near my hotel) so I may check that out.  My boss wants to go to the nightzoo and I'm hoping to sit out in front of the hotel pool for a while as well.  It will be my 'Ferris Bueller' day where I try to cram everything there is to see and do in the city into one day.  I can rest Sunday on the plane from Singapore to Shanghai.  Unfortunately I don't have any days free in China, but hopefully we can get out in the evening and see some things.

Well, I hope you enjoy this day and this weekend.  If you want to play along with Lisa's challenge this week, you know the drill.  Make a card (using the sketch), post it on your blog and link it in below.   Check out what the others did with the sketch and leave comments if you can.  Enjoy.

9 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Have always liked that stamp. It's a great image for this layout. Pretty background paper.

Basement Stamper said...

gorgeous card, love that you stamped the tree on the inside. Sounds likeyou have a very exciting (and busy) week-safe travels and enjoy the time you do have to be a tourist ;-)

Yvonne Garner said...

Great card! We were in Providence in May. Wish I had known about the bonfires! Will tuck that away for another day. Enjoy your family time and your trip abroad.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So beautiful and Springlike, Linda...gorgeous!!

Ida said...

What a great card. So fun seeing that image again. Have a wonderful trip.

Lisa Somerville said...

The tree makes such a wonderful focal image, love your papers! Have a wonderful trip!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such perfect DSP to accent your image- love it! Have a wonderful celebration with your daughter (sounds like a great time!) and enjoy your trip to Asia! I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about the food- esp in China!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific card, Linda! I've always loved that set! Now I know who has it so I can borrow it sometime...lol! I love these OA papers! Have a wonderful time at Waterfire! It should be a great weather night for it! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

Very lovely! I really like how you used the ribbon treatment!