Friday, July 22, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Summertime and Singapore update

Hi bloggers,

It was so fun  to make a summertime theme card for the challenge today.  My nephew's birthday was this past week so I used this theme to make him a fun card to celebrate his 13th birthday.  Doesn't this card just scream summertime?  I think so...

I made this card last week before I left for my trip.  I am really enjoying learning about Singapore.  It is a beautiful city - full of many cultures and people groups.  A few interesting facts.  Did you know that in Singapore if you want to own a car you must bid (in an auction) for a permit? The sales director in Singapore told us he bid $60,000.00 for his permit.  Once you win the bid, you can then go out and buy your car.   And the Toyota Camry he drove cost him $120,000 when he bought it 3 years ago new. Wow, that's a lot of money!!!   The permit is valid for 10 years.  The money they collect for the car permits goes to improving the public transportation.  And gas prices here in Singapore are about $8.00 a gallon.  I think I would be very motivated to skip the car and use public transportation, wouldn't you?


Attached is a photo I took this morning while walking around the city.  Isn't it so pretty with the lush floral and fauna?  I have more photos on yesterday's post if you want to see them and I'll post more after my sightseeing day.

So, do you want to play along with our bloggers challenge? Make a summertime card, post it on your blog and link it in below.  No time for a card, just click on the others below and see what they did.

Enjoy your day.  Stay cool!

9 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the colors and the design - the added touch of the sun is wonderful! What a wonderful photo - TFS!

Yvonne Garner said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing about Singapore. Very interesting.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Great card Linda! These are wonderful papers! Glad that the trip is going well! :D

Barbara said...

I'm just loving all the fabulous photos of Singapore!! (I went back and checked your previous posts.) Thank you so much for sharing those. What an amazing place it must be!
And, of course, your card is wonderful....love that big sun cut out. What a great idea!

Ida said...

Wonderful Summery card with your creative Sun - I love that DP.
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time in Singapore. I'd skip driving a car there too if it cost that much.

Karen said...

Love the sun, love the stitching! The diagonal elements are a nice touch.

Chrissy D said...

Great pocket card! Love the colors. Glad you are enjoying your trip!!! Your link is missing!!

BarbaraW said...

Love that summer sun.

Singapore, how exciting.

Basement Stamper said...

I'm so glad you are having a good time in Singapore and love the photo! Crazy about the cars/gas. Great card, those colors just scream summer.