Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cards for Soldiers July



Good evening bloggers,
Are you sweltering where you live?  I feel like everyone I talk to all around the North America continent is having a heat wave.  My car said 97 degrees as I drove home at 5 today.  Thankfully it's not as humid as it was yesterday but it's still hot.  But as hot as it is here in New England, I'm sure it's hotter in the Dominican Republic where my son Eric is this week.  Our church took 60 teenagers (and 20 adults) to Santa Domingo to build 2 chapels.  I hope they have a good week.  If you are a facebook person, you may be able to check out these photos by going to the below link.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150706403260366.706309.334573600365

and speaking of hot weather, I'm getting ready to go to Singapore and China for a business trip next week.  I've heard Singapore is beautiful but also very hot and humid.  I'm trying to pull together a few professional outfits that will hold up well in the heat.  I found a cute little linen short sleeved jacket (unlined) that should go well with my linen pants and/or linen skirt.   Sarah is working at Ann Taylor Loft so she's become quite the style expert.  She is helping me pull a few things together and accessorize.  I'll probably post some 'outfit' photos later this week after I get my laundry done and get ready to pack.  So, have any of you been to Singapore?  Any suggestions on things to do?  I'll have a free sightseeing day on Saturday and I intend to see everything there is to see in that day.  My husband Bob has been there so many times.  He has a few good suggestions, but many of his recommendations involve irish pubs and Guinness on tap.  I'm more interested in Orchid gardens and Singapore Slings.  He has insisted that I go to East Side Seafood and get the pepper crab, so I'll try to convince my fellow work travelers to check that out one evening.  It shouldn't be hard, who wouldn't like fresh seafood! 

So about the cards above.  These were the cards we made for this round of cards for soldiers.  I had a very small group this month (summer is always a challenge) but we had fun.  The first one is a favorite stamp from SU with birthday cupcakes.  The cherries are texturized with pearl accents and the paper is chocolate chip and so saffron.  What a great color combination and much less femanine than the usual pinks I do with this set.

The second card is a retired SU set for fall.  I love doing this stamp set with watercolors.  Very fun with pear pizzaz and some red polka dot paper.

The last card is the PTI anniversary set.  I'm always amazed at how elegant this stamp set comes together and how quick it is.  Very fun.

Enjoy your evening and stay cool!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love all these choices! They're all simple designs (and a good choice for a class), but the details in each are lovely. I especially like the offset scallop circle to echo the muffin tops. The watercoloring style on the apples is very pretty and I LOVE the clear mat behind the poppies - just gorgeous! That stamp set is beautiful; I want to see more!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Sorry that I missed this round! The cards are beautiful Linda! Love that PTI set! It seems to be gorgeous with just about any color! Wonderfully done! :D