Saturday, July 16, 2011

Look what I got in the mail today!

My sweet friend Karen made me this adorable card for my birthday.  My birthday is the end of the month but I'm thrilled to get my beautiful card early.




Isn't this the cutest thing?  Karen's specialty is flowers.  She makes the most beautiful floral cards.  I'm amazed at how they are so elegant but still seem playful at the same time.  It's all about the details.  Karen is a master at perfecting the details on the card.  So nice.  Check out her blog and leave her a comment!  She is new to blogging this year and would love to know you stopped by for a visit.

http://sassafras-inspired.blogspot.com

So, I have started my packing for my trip.  I have pulled together 5 work outfits and 2 sightseeing outfits for my upcoming trip to Singapore and Shanghai.  This trip I am sticking to a simple color scheme of black, white and coral.  This way I can mix and match and still look pulled together (hopefully) while fitting 10 outfits in a carry-on bag.  I just hope that I don't spill anything on my white shirts, jacket or capris.  If I do, I'll be utilizing the hotel laundry service to make it through the trip.  What's your packing style?  Do you like to bring everything with you but the kitchen sink or do you pack light.  If you pack light what's your technique.  I've heard pull everything you think you need and then take 1/2 out.  I kind of did this with this trip.  I had a lot more originally on the bed, but removed quite a few to pare it down to this ensemble.  I'll also throw in some work out clothes.  Hopefully I can hit the hotel gym a few mornings....


Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy your summer Saturday!

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Happy Early Birthday, my Friend! I simply love the fence...too cute! These outfits are lovely and summery and look very professional! I think that you've hit the business look/travel look spot on! It was great to see you and Maureen last night! I'm so glad that went to Judi's!:D