Sunday, July 31, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge - Garden Girl

Hi bloggers,

We had the most beautiful weather this weekend.  Summer was at it's finest.  Flowers were blooming everywhere, green everywhere and everyone out and about enjoying the sunshine.  Did you get to do anything fun outside?  I hope so.  We took a day trip to Cape Cod yesterday and enjoyed riding along the rail trail, picnicing along the way, swimming in one of the kettle ponds, lobster roll sandwich at the harbor, an ocean front beach walk and vanilla ice cream soda on the way home.  It was a fun and busy day.  My bum hurts today because I'm not used to riding a bike for 3 hours.  It stinks getting old, I tell you!

Today, after a little housecleaning and a much needed trip to Walmart and Shaws, I got down in the craft room for a bit and got to play in the My Favorite Things Challenge.  I realized that I haven't played along since May and I really missed it.  I hope to play along every week in August.

For this card, I inked up my MFT garden girl and did some paper piecing.  I forgot how time consuming it is to paper piece this girl.  With the watering can it requires at least 3 layers of piecing to get it right.  For my little adornment in the lower left side, I decided to use one of my little embellishments I got last Saturday at the Made with Love store in Singapore.  These are cute little metal circles like the kind you see on pins.  These just don't have pins on the back so they stick right on the card.  I got 10 of them while at the store.  I'm sure I'll find ways to use them throughout the year.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you all enjoy the last few hours of this summer weekend.  August here we come!

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

So sweet, Linda! I LOVE these little button/pin things...so CUTE! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! :D

Karen said...

Love this little girl, especially her red polka dot dress! The background paper gives a retro, vintage-y feel with the dots... Great card!