Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Back to School

Good morning Bloggers,

We have a gorgeous summer day here in New England.  It had been hot and humid for quite a stretch and the drier air came in Thursday and I am loving it. 




Our theme this week for bloggers challenge is back to school.  This bloggers challenge is from Lisa Somerville (link below.)

http://www.lisasomerville.com/2011/08/schools-back-in-session-bloggers.html

Anyone can play along.  to do so, make a card with back to school theme, post it on your blog and then link it in to Lisa's blog hop.  You can link in at the bottom of my post also. 

My boy will go back in a week and half but I've enjoyed following the blogs around the country and hearing about all the other back to school times.  In the south, it seems they start in the middle of August. Many towns in New England won't start till after Labor Day. 

My card is from a set I love by My Favorite Things called 'You Rule.'  It is one of the 'a la mode' stamps and I had borrowed this image from Kimberly for the last 6 months and when I saw it for sale last week I knew it had to come home with me.  I actually have lots of occasions to use this set.  It's great for teachers and school, but my family is a big time list maker so it works for us type A personalities as well.  I knew I had passed on my list making gene to my daughter when at age 12 I found one of her lists in her room in child writing that included the following:   Take Shower, Read English homework assignment, eat lunch, clean room....  I cracked up.  We have lists all over the house that I leave around for various days 'to do lists.'  It's a great way to stay organized, but it's not for everyone.  I get teased a lot of my list making!

If you want to
Well off to make my to do list for today!  Here is what it will include:

1) Make Blueberry muffins for breakfast (yum)
2)Walk Dogs
3) Shower
4) Go to Treasures (school thrift store) and work cashier shift
5) Stop at Stop and Shop (return Red Box Movie and pick up needed groceries)
6) Clean Bathrooms, Mop floors
7) Make card for Denami Blog Hop
8) Walk dogs again
9) Do yoga DVD
10) Dinner (out I hope!)

What's on your 'to do list' today?


5 comments:

Pat Huntoon said...

Love your card! Great image to use with the challenge.

Basement Stamper said...

she's such a beautiful image and love her paper pieced skirts.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Fantastic card, my Friend! We really do think alike...combined the same challenges, used the same image, same papers! I can't believe it! I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute image for BTS - love the added paper piecing!

Ida said...

Sorry I am late commenting. Love your cute card. That image is so fun and the paper piecing worked great. I'm not a big "list" maker but there are times when I do need to write down things that need to be done as I tend to get side-tracked easily and need that list to keep me focused.