Friday, August 5, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Color Challenge





Our bloggers challenge from Lisa Somerville was to use three colors in our card.  Brown, Green and Lavender. http://www.lisasomerville.com/

I decided to use this hydrangea image with these colors and make the invitations for my daughter's peace corp going away party.


This is a multi-fold card and I'm hoping to get to Ink About It this weekend to get some Basic Grey magnetic snaps to ensure the card closes properly.  Sarah wanted the actual date/time info to be as an insert that could be removed so I made a little pocket on the inside of the card with stitching.  The card uses Kraft, Almost Amethyst (retired SU color) and wild wasabi green.

We got our french exchange student Matthieu this afternoon.  He is very friendly and easy-going.  I think he will get along well with the family, although we can all tell already that the french lifestyle is quite different from our american ways.  I'm sure by next week I'll have some interesting stories to share.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Leave a comment if you were here.  Did you ever have an experience with an exchange student?  If so, tell me about it.  Enjoy your weekend!

12 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohh this is LOVELY! I really like the pocket with the stitching! Beautiful work!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful pocket card invitation for your Daughter! Can't wait to hear more about your exchange student!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a PERFECT invitation, Linda! Such a great design! Love the pocket idea! I hope that you'll be able to find the magnetic snaps...it finishes off the card so wonderfully! :D

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful invitation. Looks like your life is really exciting right now. Best of luck to your daughter. I hope she enjoys her experience as much as I did (a long, long time ago)

Yvonne Garner said...

Just beautiful! You must be so proud of your daughter! Your exchange student joining you brings back so many memories from my own family! Have fun!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous art piece, beautifully created.

Ida said...

How pretty! Love the flower image (they are such gorgeous flowers).
What a exciting time for your daughter and also for you having an exchange student.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great invite- I love the great image and your folded invite. We did host a French exchange student a few years back. It was a great experience- she was a wonderful girl and very bright. We took her to a drive in movie theatre- none of those in France. There is no cream cheese or jello in France.... She liked to watch American movies with French sub titles on to help her with her English. The kids in France cannot do volunteer work until they are 18.

Lori said...

Beautiful invitation design! The stitched pocket is a great detail.

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful invitation, I love the pocket cards for invitations.

Lisa Bohler said...

Fantastic! I love the fold you used and the colors are wonderful! Fabulous job with this challenge!

Karen said...

Very, very pretty! Love the removable invitation and love the stitching!

I hope your experience with your exchange student is a great one. I hosted three students for their senior high school year: Marco from Italy was the first, and then Anna from Siberia (I call her the poster child for exchange students!) Finally, Katia from Moscow was a rescue: her host family kicked her out - can you imagine that? They were all great kids, but it got challenging at times... The differences in culture and lifestyle provide a lot of interest, that's for sure!