Friday, August 26, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Tic Tac Toe

Hi bloggers,







Today is Friday and you know what that means don't you?  Yes, it means that in two days, hurricane Irene is scheduled to hit New England.  Yes, it means my huge to do list will get tackled over the next two days.  Yes, it also means I get to do some of my favorite things - Yoga and church.  But it also means it's bloggers challenge day!

I made a recoverable error in this weeks challenge.  As one of the regulars for this challenge I get an e-mail reminder with just a summary.  So my e-mail said 'reminder - bloggers challenge - tic tac toe.'  I also have access to the website so I can get a preview of what the challenge is.  Most of the time the e-mail description gives me enough info to do the challenge, so I rarely go to the website.  I was kind of wondering 'hmm, tic, tac, toe - that's different' but instead of going to the website, I whipped up a card making a tic tac toe board.  Isn't it cute?  I decided to make my X/O markers out of punches and inked up these adorable bubble bees and lady bugs.   Now that I look at it, I realize that I should have made my ladybugs on X punched images.  Really this is O's and O's!  Oh well.  I still think it's sweet.  So then we get the e-mail from Lisa.  Lisa is the wonderful woman who coordinates the challenge.  You can view her blog below and get the real scoop on the challenge:  http://www.lisasomerville.com/

In her e-mail I realized my error and went to the website.  And guess what?  The challenge was to use 3 types of things in our card - choosing 3 that were vertically across, down or just side by side across. Ah,now I get it.  Great challenge!


So, no problem.  I realized that the card I made had embossing (polka dots on yellow paper), pattern paper (red polka dot paper) and ribbon/seam binding (yellow ribbon.)  Voila!

Do you want to play along?  Choose your tic/tac/toe, then post the card on your blog.  Head to Lisa's blog to link in. 

Have a great weekend and for those of you along the east coast - I pray that you stay safe as the storm heads our way.


8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a fab take on the challenge - not only a tic-tac-toe game piece, but also wonderfull embellished to fit the challenge! Too cute!

BarbaraW said...

Really cool challenge piece. Love how you used the tag for the game and love the background behind it

Basement Stamper said...

super cute and it fits right into the challenge and you'd never know!

Ida said...

Oh my goodness this is CUTE! Love your little Tic-Tac-Toe board with those sweet little bee's and ladybugs. - Isn't it great how your card fit right into the challenge after all.

Chrissy D said...

This is SO cute. Love the tic tac toe tag! Great work!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

FABULOUS, Linda! This is just darling and so creative! Wonderfully done! :D

NanaConnie said...

Don't you love it when "errors' turn out to be just the thing? Fab take on the challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card- perfect for the challenge. The tic-tac-toe board is a great idea too!