Friday, August 26, 2011

Cosmo Cricket Challenge

Hi bloggers,

Two posts today.  This post is for the Cosmo Cricket sketch challenge.  Debbie Olson did the sketch for them and it's a beauty.  It's my first time posting for this challenge and I hope to more in the future.  Why?  Well, first of all Cosmo Cricket papers are super fun and easy to work with.  I love the bright colors that coordinate and the fun images.  Second, because the prize for this sketch challenge is to be published in Cards (my favorite card making magazine.)  This is my first submission to a publication (if you consider doing a sketch challenge a submission.)





Isn't this aqua blue, red and ivory color combination fabulous?  It's all part of Cosmo Crickets 'Odds and Ends' paper pack.  I inked up my PTI chairished set and paper pieced the cushions.  I used the PTI die cut (didn't even realize I was copying Debbie Olson's until now) and added seam binding, buttons and a banner sentiment.  Want to know a secret?  The original design did not include a banner sentiment.  Yup, you guessed it, there was a boo-boo.  My die cut sandwich had a little scallop tidbit left inside and there was a nasty indented mark that I wanted to cover up.  I actually think the sentiment adds to the card.  Funny how many things are better because of a boo-boo cover up.  I heard tootsie rolls were invented when the operator at a chocolate factory left the chocolate to cook too long.  I also heard that toll house cookies were originally meant to be chocolate cookies, but the cook took a short cut.   See, I am among the greats!    Have you ever had a card turn out better because of a boo-boo fix?  Please tell all!  We'd love to hear it.  Of course, I love to hear any comments so feel free to share your story.

I also added the adorable doggie and the miss you sentiment to the inside.

Well, I'm off to watch a movie and work on laundry.  We may lose power with the storm this weekend so I'll be working that machine all evening and into Saturday to be sure we start the storm off with clean clothes.  If you are on the east coast I hope you stay safe and dry.  Thanks for stopping by.

Oh and the sketch is shown below.  Check out the cosmo cricket blog to see the other entries.


http://cosmocricket.typepad.com/cosmo_cricket/2011/08/time-for-a-new-sketch.html

My card recipe:
Papers:  PTI cream, Cosmo Cricket Odd's and Ends
Ink: Momento brown
Stamps:  PTI Chairished
Buttons:  PTI aqua and red
Ribbon:  SU very vanilla seam binding
Dies:  PTI Envelope die & scallop border die




4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful, Linda! I'm going to have to head over to Debbie's blog! What a great sketch to work with! I LOVE CC papers too! These are so delightful! Good luck, my friend! :D

Lisa said...

What a pretty card, love the colors and the chairs are too cute !

Debbie Olson said...

So happy and cheery--love it!

Lisa Petrella said...

Linda, I absolutely LOVE this card!!! Your combination of patterned papers is FABULOUS and those paper pieced chairs are SOOOO AWESOME!!! AMAZING work!