Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Impression Obsession Challenge - Hostess



Good morning,
Today in New England we have another beautiful fall like day.  We are off to the city to take Matthiue to lunch and then get him to the meeting spot for him to return to Paris later this afternoon.  We have really enjoyed having him visit.  He is very easy going and friendly.  He says he doesn't want to go home!  I'm glad he enjoyed his time with us but I'm sure he'll be glad to see his family and friends again.

Yesterday was Eric's last - first day of school. He already had homework.  No slacking off for my boy this year.  He has 2 honors classes and a full curriculum of college prep classes so he'll be busy, busy, busy.  He also plays a sport each season and as a senior, he will play a lot and have some responsibilities on the team.  He can handle it, so long as he gets some sleep each night.  Teenagers these days often only get 6 (or less) hours a night and their brains and bodies are still growing so they actually need more like 9.  I'll be nagging him to sleep this year I know it.

I embarassed him by taking this 'last' first day of school picture with our neighbor (Connor is also a senior this year.)  Don't they look thrilled to have their picture taken???

Anyway, let me tell you about my cards for the I/O challenge.  First of all, have you ever played along with Impression Obession Challenges?  They are great.  They are challenging but very 'doable.'  They also give great prizes.  I won two nice stamps in the spring for playing along.    Check out the I/O blog for details on how to play in the challenge.

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2011/08/a-thank-you-gift-or-card-for-a-hostess-challenge.html

When I think of hostess thank you's, I usually think of card packs.  Most hostesses appreciate a pack of handmade cards and I usually make 4 or 6 because they fit easily in the plastic card box with envelopes.  I also like to make coordinated cards - either the same design with different colors or the same colors with different images.  That is what I did here.  I had these two adorable christmas/winter stamps that I thought would look nice in a doily frame/mat.  I made 4 - two snowman and two trees.   I stamped the image directly on the memory box patterned paper.  I colored them with prisma color pencils (works great coloring on patterned paper.)  I paper pieced white onto the snowman because he looked funny in green.  I stickled up to make the snow glimmer and for the snowman's hat I added some flocking to the pom-pom of his hat.  I added the 'very merry' sentiment at the bottom.  Since this is a generic christmas message I thought these would also work as thank you cards or christmas cards - whatever the hostess wanted to use them for.  As I head into fall it will be nice to know I have this little hostess gift pack on hand.  I'm sure it will be given away before Thanksgiving.

I used the following Impression Obsession Stamps for these:
Snowman - B8290
Tree - C8277
Sentiment - A8507

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.
|

3 comments:

Shirley said...

What a great set of cards for your hostess! Those are two of my favorite stamps too! They fit the medallion perfectly! Sounds like you had a great exchange student too!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing, Linda!!

Karen said...

These are adorable. I especially love the frosty flakes on the little tree... such a small detail but with big impact. Love that diecut, too.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Hope that Matthiue had a safe trip home! Of course, he loved being with your family...I'd like to come and craft with you for a month...lol! These cards are simply delightful, Linda! Well done! :D