Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Impression Obsession Challenge - Orange





Do you use orange when you make cards?  I used to think orange was just for halloween, but now that I have start playing with a bunch of floral images I have realized how nice orange is for spring/summer cards too.  I was glad to see that I/O's challenge this week was ORANGE.  Especially since I had this beautiful stamp set from them 'flower pitcher/F2290.'  The mums in the bouquet are perfect for orange.  The challenge is on until 10pm today.  Check out the I/O website for details.

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2011/08/our-orange-challenge-is-a-go.html

I added some texture with the embossing plate of modern circles and some cantelope stickles in the mums. And the peach pizzaz ribbon worked perfectly with the ribbon holder and some transparant orange polka dot ribbon.

It's hard to see in the photo but the mat layer is actually on green.  My photo makes it look black.

We had some rain showers here last night, but the sun is peeking out now.  This is good since today we take Matthieu into Boston for some sightseeing.  We plan to go to the public gardens and go on the swan boats, then walk the freedom trail over by Quincy Market.  Later we will meet my husband and go on a duck tour and then head to Cheesecake factory for dinner.  Matthieu is doing really well. He is very relaxed and easy going, but quite curious.  He finds many things interesting. He enjoyed going to Dick's sporting goods with my son on Monday and enjoyed walking around.  Last night after dinner we realized we were out of dish soap so we sent Sarah out to the store to get it.  It was around 7:30.  We asked Matthieu if he wanted to go and he kept thinking we were going in the morning.  He looked at us and was like, but the store will be closed, it's evening.  I forgot that all the stores in Europe close up at 5 or 6 except the gas stations.  We kind of laughed and said 'oh the store will be open.'  He happily went along for the ride.  He finds our grocery stores have a very big variety.  We laughed that there were 4 shelves of choices for tuna fish.   He said in his stores there are three choices for each product.

Well, off the get that laundry finished so we can head out for our city adventure.  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your day!



3 comments:

Shirley said...

Linda, It is lovely!! Elegant in fact! The backgrounds you did are wonderful for the image and the image is wonderful! I really like what you did to highlight the petals on the flowers too!

Yvonne Garner said...

What a pretty card! I was going to save my orange card stock for Thanksgiving but have been picking at it, too! Thanks for dropping by my blog with kind words. Babysitting my 6 mo. old grandson all day tomorrow for the first time. Sunday having my six and seven year old grandchildren over for their first sleepover. My sister who is 6 years younger than me had 8 grandchildren before I had one! Changing gears: our Japanese exchange students always asked to go to the super market so they could take photos of all they offer! Have fun on your outing!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty, Linda! The embossed background is wonderful, and you've colored up this image beautifully! :D