Sunday, August 28, 2011

Make it Monday - Second Try

Well, yesterday  I posted a patriotic make it monday card that I confessed 'was not my favorite.'  Not to give up so easily, I decided to make another card with this technique.  I saw some really nice cards on the PTI blog and figured I'd try this again with a floral theme.
Still I'm not a fan of this technique. I know the intent of the technique is a casual more whimsical effect, but I look at my card above and it screams childish and sloppy.  Frankly, I'm almost embarrassed to post it on my blog, but I'm going with the flow here and trying a new technique.  I would love this card if my flowers were careful colored inside the lines.  Maybe this afternoon I'll spend an hour and re-do the flowers in the more formal copic coloring technique.

Below is the link to the pti make it monday technique and the blog links of the other entries.  I'm very impressed with the other cards.  The others seemed to capture this technique in a way that works.  Oh well, this one is just not for me.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/08/make-it-monday-29-freestyle-copic-coloring.html

No comments: