Tuesday, August 9, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge - Being Cute is What I do





Good morning bloggers,
It looks like it will be another hot one for us here in New England, but already I can sense that summer is coming to an end and fall is around the corner.  If you are like me, you have mixed feelings about this.  I adore fall.  It's my favorite season.  I love the cool crisp air, apples, pumkins, flowering mums and the start of the school year.  But fall also means winter is coming and this year, it also means my baby girl is heading off to the Ukraine and my baby boy starts his senior year of high school.  So, this year I am trying to savor these last days of summer more than ever.

For the My Favorite Things Sketch challenge this week, I chose this adorable American Crafts daisy paper for my background strips and paper piecing.  My daisies here at the house are in full bloom and they are filling the yard with their blossoms.   I also cut a few and brought them in a vase on the kitchen table.  Daisies really are a beautiful and simple flower.

So back to the card.  The stamped image is 'Being cute is what i do.'  I didn't get home till late last night. Monday night has become Yoga night so I go right from work to the 6:15 yoga class and it doesn't end till 7:30 (typically 7:40) and I get home at 8:00.  I love the instructor and starting my week with yoga, but it does make it hard to get anything else done on a Monday.  But I whipped this card up in a  jiffy so I could play along.  With the paper piecing and a great sketch like this, it came together fast.

Now, it's off to read a quick devotional, walk the dogs, start the pot roast in the crock-pot, pack my lunch and get ready for work.  Ready, set, go!

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Adorable! I love the paper-pieced outfit, especially the striped bell bottoms, and the die cut mat is beautiful - hopefully soon you'll be seeing it on my blog (since I seem to showcase things I borrow from you!)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is one of my favorite PI images, and I love the way you paper pieced her! Wonderfully done, Linda! (I'm so behind on commenting...ugh!) :D