Tuesday, August 23, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge - Blooming Good Day





Good morning bloggers,
We have a cooler/drier day here in New England and it really feels like fall.  I love it.  I don't love the winter, but fall is just spectacular here in New England.  I got my first batch of local apples yesterday at the farmers market (Paula Reds) and my daughter was thrilled when she returned from work to find fresh apple crisp waiting for her. Yum.  Funny how closely tied the seasons are to my favorite foods!  What is your favorite fall food?




Today's card is for the MFT sketch challenge.  I reached for this garden girl and opted for the darker colors as accents to tie into the black on the webster pages.  I couldn't resist paper piecing this blue pattern for her dress and added the black gingham ribbon and black button as an accent.   I often don't do anything fancy on the inside but chose to do a die cut with the webster papers to go under the sentiment.  I'll have to use a white gel pen to write out this card, but I think she's precious on the black card stock.



I hope you have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: