Thursday, September 29, 2011

Anniversaray card using Memory Box Snowy Owls

Good morning bloggers,

 Did you notice my new blog layout?  I upgraded to blogger plus (or whatever it's called) and decided to go with a new layout.  If you've known me of a while, I like to redecorate, so it seemed about time to give my blog a new look.  My mother in law always laughs because she comes over usually once or twice a year (they live in NY) and each time she comes she asks 'what's been moved or changed?'  Generally, it's something.   Same with my hair.  Every few years it changes too.  How about you?  Do you like to change things or leave it the same?

Today's post is an anniversary card I made for my DH.  I struggle with masculine anniversary cards, but I decided to go with this memory box stamp since I thought the two owls were cute together (like Bob and I!)

I used some coordinating Webster Pages papers and Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch.

I decided to adorn the inside as well and added a simple layer of the scraps with a round edge and a sentiment.

Bob and I celebrated 26 years yesterday.  Nothing super special this year.  Last year we were in Bermuda.  We generally try to do something really fun every 5 years. 

So what do you have going on today?   It's pretty rainy and dreary here in New England today.  The doggies are headed to the groomer.  See how shaggy Tank is?  He hates going to the groomer, but he'll appreciate being able to see again, don't you think?  As for me, it's a work day and tonight I start a new Pilate's class.  I take a Yogalates class from this instructor on Wednesday's and love it.  She added a new class at a new center and I decided to sign up for the 10 week program.  If I can keep it up that will mean I have 4 fitness classes per week.  Yoga on Saturday's and Monday's.  Yogalates on Wed and Pilates on Thurs.  I figure I usually have to miss one due to schedule conflicts so hopefully I'll make it to at least 3.  Maybe I'll finally get my core in shape.  Maybe I won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow!


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Bob! Your strong marriage and lovely relationship bring joy to my heart. And yes, you certainly are cute together, as are the owls on your lovely card.

Love your new blog design! I started to make some changes to mine recently, and decided to abandon them... I like the comfort of the familiar!

Fatima said...

Many Happy returns of Anniversary to you and Bob! Your cards are beautiful and precious as you has made it by your hands.

Plastic Cards
Plastic Business Cards

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I'm not sure how I missed this one Linda! It's perfect for your anniversary! Hope you two enjoyed your special day together! :D