Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bloggers Challenge and Make it Monday

Happy Saturday bloggers,

I have two cards to share with you today.  The first is a christmas card for Lisa Somerville's bloggers challenge.  The challenge was 'Stars.'  We were able to interpret this any way we wanted.   I need to start working on christmas cards so I decided to do a star themed christmas card and inked up this darling PTI stamp 'Have yourself a merry Christmas.'  I added the sentiment from the PTI christmas set to capture the star theme a little more.  
 For my second card, the make it monday technique was to make a background image using non-background stamps.  I inked up my papertrey ink free gift set that came with my July order.  I inked up one of the boho style stars in SU more mustard and the other in SU's soft sky and did a horizontal pattern to create the background.  I embossed a circle of soft sky for the mat layer and then layered on the image with the pitcher, stems, flowers and sentiment to create the focal image.  I sponged orange around the edge of the mat stack layer and added a more mustard ribbon underneath.  I liked how the style elements of this come together.  It has a nice western/bohemian look to it.
We have a full day planned (with some housework and laundry mixed in.)  Enjoy your day.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Two great interpretations of the challenge! Lovely cards.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful take on the challenge - love the sentiment!

Bobbkat said...

That is soooooooo cute!!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are beautifully done Linda! I LOVE the Christmas one! That tree is so delightful! :D

Basement Stamper said...

both cards look great, but I love the bohemian looking one.

Chrissy D said...

I am behind!!! Gorgeous cards using the stars!

Ida said...

Catching up on comments. Love your Star themed card - How adorable and that sentiment is perfect.
Your other card was really nice as well. I always like the texture of embossing folders.