Friday, September 2, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Monochromatic Blues

In the US, we have a holiday weekend.  Labor Day is the unofficial end to summer and I have mixed feelings about it.  We had a great summer and I love fall, but fall means winter and we have really tough winters here in New England.
One of the reasons I love fall is because it is my son Eric's birthday.  I made this monochromatic blue card with him in mind.  He turns 18 next week.  Yikes.  Where did the years go?

Today's post is for Lisa Somerville's bloggers challenge.  Check out her blog for all the details on how to play along.

http://www.lisasomerville.com/2011/09/monochromatic-blues-bloggers-challenge.html

This card was fun to make.  I love this new SU set.  Very fun and flexible.  I used the new Calypso Blue and the incolor DSP's in the same shade.  I don't yet have ink in this color so I used versamark and clear embossing powder to get my images in the same shade.  The presents are tucked inside the new embossing folder.  My friend Karen kindly made a few for me when I stopped by earlier this week.  We did a ribbon share on all the ruffled in color ribbons.  I love SU for the matching products.  It made a mono-chromatic card easy-peasy.

Well we have a full weekend planned here at our house.  How about you?  We are hosting a going away party for Sarah and I am expecting between 30-50 people.  Can't wait to see everyone but there is lots to do before the party Saturday.  So, I'm off to get going on that 'to do' list.  Have a great day everyone.  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Great birthday card. Cool layout. Love the banners.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am with you- winter in Chicago is not as bad as New England, but it is cold and I am not ready for that! Love your blue 18th Birthday card for your son.

Lori said...

Great layout--shows off the birthday banner perfectly!

Ida said...

Wonderful card. Love the Birthday Banner. - I'm not ready either to say good-bye to summer. Looks like it's back into the 90's here for the next 2 weeks.

Bobbkat said...

Nice card, love the stamps!
www.bobbkat.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Really great birthday card. I love the versamark embossing and the presents stamped inside the embossed oval. The simple DSP designs emphasize the monochrome scheme.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific birthday card, Linda! I LOVE the embossed oval and the ribbon! Wonderful design! :D

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific....a beautiful birthday card indeed!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card,love the added sentiment on the pennants!