Friday, September 23, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Travel

Good morning bloggers.

This week Lisa Somerville gave us a challenge entitled Travel.  Wow, there are so many ways to go with this one.   I was tempted to do a nice beach card but now that it's fall and I won't be at any beach for a LONG time, I just wasn't in the mood - ya know?

Then I thought - gee, I could use a stamp set I got while on a trip.  I had at least 3 stamp sets I picked up at local stamp stores in other areas of the country (and world.)  I finally settled on this fun Asian Panda Bear card.  I got this stamp set at my LSS (ink about it) about 1 1/2 years ago.  This is 3 stamps.  The panda, the bamboo and the sentiment are from A*Muse. The paper is from one variety pack (6X6) by basic grey.  I love how they all go together without me having to think about it.  I inked up the panda & bamboo on the lightest patterned paper (which I die cut from my PTI die.)  Then I colored it in with copics.  I am liking the effect of stamping and coloring on patterned paper.  It gives the card a very different look than stamping and coloring on white or ivory.

So what does this panda card have to do with travel?  Well, I went to China this summer and while I didn't see any Panda bears, that is where they are from.  I was in Shanghai (the largest city in the world) and didn't get out in the countryside where the panda's live.  I did see two giant panda bears last January when I was in Taiwan.  They had a beautiful Giant Panda exhibit there, but you don't have to go to Asia to see them.  You can see Giant Panda bears in the San Diego zoo and the Smithsonian National Zoo in D.C.  I stood and looked at the two panda's in Taiwan for the longest time.  They are so sweet.  I just love them.  I think everyone does.


If you can't get to those zoo's, you can see them on this live feed from the SD zoo.  You can also go on a tour in China and see them in the wild.  Wouldn't that be cool!  I think it's very expensive though.

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/pandacam/

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I love visitors.  I also love comments.  Swing by this weekend.  I am planning a post for PTI Make it Monday.

9 comments:

Shirley said...

I say too too cute for words, Linda, and the photos are just so precious too! TFS

Ida said...

Darling card. I love that you were inspired by your own travel experiences. I think it would be awesome to see a Panda in the wild. They are wonderful creatures.

Terry said...

Panda bears are just adorable! What a cute little Panda stamp and card! This works so well with your travel story! Love this!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific card, my Friend! The images and sentiment are wonderful on the patterned paper! Can't wait to see you on Sunday! :D

Basement Stamper said...

Oh this Panda is so cute, so perfect and that sentiment is great!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card and images- love the sweet panda and the look of stamping on the DSP. We are heading to China in a few weeks. I hope to see a Panda- one of my friends was just there, and she also saw Brown Panda's....yep- never heard of that before. Have a great weekend!

JP Card Crazy said...

Who doesn't love pandas!!! Your card is adorable. The pictures are too precious!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

I luv your card! and thanks for the photos, too cute! btw, the comment you left regarding riding with all those people, wearing all those clothes....even worse, they didn't clean those clothes and didn't bathe! can you imagine how bad it really was! But they all have smiles, lol

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab take on the challenge - love the cute panda bear!