Monday, September 19, 2011

The Cat's Pajama Inspiration Challenge

Hello Bloggers, here is a card I made for The Cat's Pajama's inspiration challenge.
I had fun inking up the nut and tree images from the Happy Camper set with some cork and a doily die cut.

Today is otherwise a very emotional day for me.   My beautiful daughter Sarah left today for a 27 month assignment in Ukraine with the Peace Corps.  I'm going to miss her so much and yes, I'm sad... very sad, trying very hard to stop crying.....

But I'm also so proud of her.  Peace Corps is a challenging assignment that is highly competitive.  It requires sacrifice and commitment.   She decided she wanted to do this last fall, researched it, pursued it, got accepted and worked very hard to meet the requirements.  Today she had a lot of courage as she went off (with all her baggage) to start her training.  So my emotions waffle between sadness and joy.  Overall, I'm very happy.   She is growing up into a wonderful young lady and she is off for an adventure that will challenge her and grow her into a more mature and skilled woman.

I'll be posting later today or Tuesday with more about Sarah's leaving.  Right now it's still too raw emotionally to write about..... thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Your card is wonderful for this week's TCP challenge! I LOVE the addition of the cork...gives it a real woodsy feel! :D

Shirley said...

I hear you on the mixed emotions! Your card is so Fall wonderful! Love the images and what you did with the die cut and cork!