Monday, September 12, 2011

fall trees

Have you noticed that it is getting darker earlier in the evening?  Have you noticed that the sun isn't up until later in the morning?  This weekend it became much more noticeable to me.   Last night we finished dinner around 7:15 and I went to take the dogs out for their walk and it was pretty dark.   Ah, a sure sign of fall and I'm not liking it.  At least not the 'less light' part of it.  One thing I do love about fall is the beautiful color change on the trees.  I can already see a few leaves starting to turn.  So when I saw this challenge by Karen Giron for her Sweet Sunday sketch challenge and I saw my memory box tree stamp in my collection, I figured I would ink it up with some fall colors.  Here is the sketch:







I used my pencils on the tan paper and layered up some reds and browns.  This will go in my cards for soldiers packet for fall cards next week.  Hopefully this will bless someone with a note from a loved one tucked inside.

'For all of you who commented on my 9/11 post yesterday - thank you.  I loved reading your heartfelt stories and I know for many of you, it was hard to relive those memories.  Have a great day.....Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I'm ready for fall and this card reminds me of everything I love about autumn! I don't like the shorter days though, haha! Fabulous card!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Lovely card Linda! Your pencil coloring turned out great! That is such a pretty image! You did a wonderful job with Karen's sketch! :D