Monday, September 5, 2011

Impression Obsession Challenge - Birthday





Good afternoon bloggers,

Here in the U.S. we are celebrating Labor Day.  We have a warm, sunshiny day here in New England and I'm enjoying a nice comfortable breeze as I sit in my comfy chair today.   I feel a little bad about 'wasting' such a gorgeous day, but we had a big party for my daughter Sarah and lots of out of town guests this weekend.  They all left yesterday afternoon so today it's all about putting the house back together and R E L A X I N G.  I woke up (no alarm) and sat and enjoyed my coffee and finished my book.  Then I got to catch up on some blogs and work on a card (or two.)  Of course there is laundry but somehow I don't mind laundry when I can putz around and do it in my leisure.  I have mixed feelings about finishing my book.  Do you feel that way sometimes?  When you love a book, you are saddened to leave the characters behind, but glad to get the conclusion of the plot.  Finally, you know what happened.   The book I just finished is part of a series.  It's called Echo in the Darkness.  It is book two by Francine Rivers in her Mark of the Lion series.  There is one more to go and thankfully I purchased the whole set earlier (from Amazon) and next week I'll pull out the third.  The books are gentle reading, but page turners.  It's set in Rome and Ephesus in the first century and it's fascinating to learn what the European culture was like back then. I highly recommend this book series.

So, about my card today.  This is for the impression obsession challenge.   Their challenge is birthdays.  These two I/O stamps are some of the first I/O stamps I ever bought.  The birthday sentiment is adorable.  I love the graceful font.  The birds is thistles is also a favorite.  There are so many ways to use this stamp.  Today I used it as a background stamp and on top of a mask to highlight the birds.

The card stock is SU elegant eggplant and memory box purple.  I added a grommet and an eggplant ribbon and added the vertical accent with two cut out eggplant strips.  I colored the upper birds with a light grey/purple copic.  The ink is SU lavender.  I added a frame to the birthday sentiment with a crisp black marker (and, of course, a ruler to keep it straight.)

The challenge is on until 10pm Wednesday night.  If you have an I/O stamp - give it a try.  A $25.00 gift certificate is up for grabs for one random winner!  Details on the I/O blog below.

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2011/09/its-still-happy-birthday-time-and-a-winner-too.html

The sentiment is B1153 and Thistle garden is J2400.




3 comments:

Shirley said...

Hey, Linda! Another really beautiful card! I really like how you did your background. We are in tornado watch here. LOL Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too, lady!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely, Linda! You always do such beautiful work with this stamp! I really like how you did the sentiment, too! :D

Karen said...

I never would have thought to use the thistle stamp as a background - very clever! I also really like the use of the ribbon, especially the little knotted loop through the eyelet.