Sunday, September 18, 2011

Impression Obsession Challenge - Is it fall yet?

Good morning bloggers,




Yes, it is fall..... no denying it.  Yesterday while I was making this card, I got to enjoy watching (well more like listening) Clemson beat Auburn.  I am becoming tentatively a Clemson fan since that is Eric's #1 pick for colleges right now.  I don't want to get too attached yet, because heck, maybe I'll become a Uconn fan if he decides to go there instead, but you get my drift.  It was fun to watch, because I really do love football and Clemson is absolutely crazy with school spirit and football and they beat Auburn solidly and Auburn was undefeated AND the favored to win.  It's always fun to watch an enthusiastic underdog win - unless it's against your team.  As the fans crowded the field when the win was announced I couldn't help but think that next year Eric may be one of them. 

So, this card celebrates everything about the early fall.  The color orange is dominant and that represents pumpkins & falling leaves.  The flowers are inked up to look like mums and sunflowers (well that's a stretch but go with me on this...)  I love early fall because until the first frost hits, my garden is still alive with color.  I love having mums blooming with the leaves dropping.  Gorgeous.

so a few things about the card and the challenge.  The challenge is open until Wednesday night at 10pm.  If you have an I/O stamp just ink it up with any type of fall theme and post it on the blog below.

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2011/09/our-is-it-fall-yet-challenge.html

This card was made using the I/O F2290 Flower Pitchers.  I die cut a piece of cream PTI paper and then stamped the image with momento black.  Then I inked up the image with copics using 2 colors of orange, 3 colors of green one yellow, one brown and two colors of cool gray.   Then I assembled the card with cork, orange patterned paper and a die cut scalloped line of summer sun yellow.  I added a strip of solid orange and a metal clip to round it out. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

A really beautiful Fall card, Linda!!! Love the background you did for it too! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

Katie said...

Wonderful card! I love the colors you used and the cork and clip you used really tie it together. Thank you for sharing!

Katie B.