Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Make it Monday - Bitty Bird Chipboard

Hello bloggers,

Today I have a post for the Papertrey ink make it monday technique.  This week the technique was using regular cardboard, die cuts and layering them together to make a chipboard accent.  What a great idea and it really was pretty easy.

I have been wanting to make a little decorated book for forever, so this was my chance. 




So, isn't this sweet?  I started with a basic book I picked up at AC moore and an old box of eaten cheez it's.



The books are called 'visual journals' and they have beautiful, thick bristol pages inside so you can draw or write or whatever.  The outside is just a basic chipboard binding and a regular spiral binding.

I did 4 passes of bitty bird die with the cheez it box, then did my final die cut with some kraft dsp.  I stamped the tree on a die cut and then glued all the bird layers together and fit them all in the tree.  I added twine, buttons, grass die and ribbon to adorn the book.  I love all the texture and layers.

So what will I do with the book?  I plan to make this my prayer journal.  I lead a women's bible study on Tuesday evening and each week they submit prayer requests.  I will take a page for each women and document their prayer requests.  This way when I sit down to my prayer/quiet time, I have a handy place for all the requests.  I plan to make another book for blessings to record answers to prayer.  I have a picture directory for the class, so I'll probably print a wallet size photo of each women to better remember and pray for them.  You could use this book for any number of things though.  What would you use this book for?

The dimensions are 3.5X5.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Crossing my fingers that this comment works because this journal is simply FABULOUS Linda! I LOVE the papers that you used and that image is too sweet! What a BEAUTIFUL prayer journal! :D

Colleen said...

Love your use of those cute little Bitty Birds...what a lovely cover for your journal! Well, done!

Marlena M. said...

This is so beautiful and unique! I love what you made and what you will use it for. ;)

Karen said...

Your prayer journal is gorgeous - and so are you! The women you pray for are blessed indeed (I should know!) to have you interceding for them with the Lord. I am glad you have such a pretty way to inspire your communication!

I love the little details, especially the gingham grass accent, and the birds are so cute that I'm sure you'll smile each time you pick up your journal to pray.