Sunday, September 25, 2011

Make it Monday - Frosted Images - Wedding Card/Bird Card

I have two cards to share for PTI's make it monday challenge - frosted images.

I made one card on Saturday using dark colors.  Then my papertrey ink order arrived in Saturday's mail and I decided to make another frosted image card using lighter colors.  They are both very different.  I love the lighter colors and the wedding card, but the bold/dark colors are interesting also with the frosted effect.  Which is your favorite?

First, sorry about the crooked picture!  The above card was made using so saffron and sahara sand.  using the frosted technique I stamped over the image with vintage cream and then smeared. I masked off the bigger bell when I stamped the images and then die cut the bow and stamped that.  The card base id 5X5 and the stamped image base and card base are natural ivory with speckles of browns and grays.  The stamp is Bell's and Bough's.  It's a Christmas set, but works well for wedding cards too, don't you think?  This card will be for my cousin Eliza's wedding in October.  I'm so happy this card is all made and ready to go.

This next card is using the freebie set PTI gave out this summer.  I inked up this bird in cherry cobbler and the branch in early espresso.  Then I stamped again in craft white and smudged.  A much different effect with darker colors.  I ripped up papers from memory box and rolled some more seam binding roses.

It was fun to use this new technique and I will hopefully use this again.

Oh, and we heard from Sarah this morning.  I love getting e-mails from her first thing.  She is in her host family home where she will stay for her 3 month in country training.  She is with a widow and two teenager girls.  Only the oldest girl speaks english, but they are managing.  She is in a small village (1500 people) and all the homes have working farms.  She is enjoying fresh made apricot jam and enjoys the food so far.  She also is in the only house in the village with internet.  God is good.  She'll get her phone this weekend and will be able to call us then.

Thanks for stopping by today on my blog.  Have a great day.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are lovely Linda! You're right...two very different looks with the different colors with this technique! I like them both and I think that the Christmas set is wonderful for wedding cards too! It was so great to see you today! You do such a beautiful job planning for and organizing our Cards for Soldiers group! Thank You my Friend! :D

Karen said...

The frosted effect with the dark red bird is very different and interesting. I don't see the effect on the lighter card, though I looked very closely... it looks like the saffron bell is shiny. At any rate, it's a pretty card with a nice design.