Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch/Cards for Soldiers Veteran's Day

Hello bloggers,




Today's post is for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch.  What a fun sketch this is.  I took a few liberties with it, so I could make this patriotic card for Cards for Soldiers Veteran's Day.

I don't have any patriotic images on my stamps, but I do have real red, Big Top DSP and Not Quite Navy.  Just using these colors together makes any card look patriotic.

This Sunday I am hosting my cards for soldiers workshop.  If you live near Boston, and can come by Sunday afternoon from 2:30-5:00, send me an e-mail.  We'll make this card (above) and the cards below.  We'll send them to Pam in NH and she'll get them to our military serving overseas to encourage them.




Since I don't have any patriotic stamps, I figured we can thank the soldiers and encourage them with general fall themed cards.  I figure they are gender neutral and nice and the soldiers should like them.  Next year I'll have my eye out for some patriotic stamps so I'm better prepared for the holiday.

We heard from Sarah today.  She arrived safely in Ukraine and is excited to meet her host family on Friday.  We have been praying for a kind and patient host family.  She knows virtually no Ukrainian yet so it will be hard to communicate at first.  I'm hoping her sweet smile will speak volumes.

Stop back by on Friday to see my bloggers challenge travel themed card.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

First, your cards are just gorgeous and they will love and appreciate them so much. I have had soldiers even contact me about them.

Second, what wonderful parents you are to widening your family's knowledge of other cultures by sharing with them. I am so excited for your daughter. Keep us posted.

Karen said...

Great selection of cards. I think the red, white and blue one is very patriotic! Love the trees, too.

Pam said...

Hi Linda! Thanks so much to everyone for the gorgeous cards! I wish I had read this post sooner because i would have loved to come and learn how to make that beautiful multi colored tree card! I actually wrote myself a note to write and ask you how to do it!