Friday, October 14, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Cardboard


Happy Friday,

Do you have any plans this weekend?  We will have a family gathering Saturday night with some aunts, uncles and cousins that I haven't seen in a while.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up.

Today's post is for the bloggers challenge.  Our challenge was 'cardboard.'  I had some used up cheez it boxes and poptart boxes that I decided to reuse for this challenge.  I put them through the cuttlebug with my nestie die and got this adorable mat layer for under my wheelbarrow image.  I had just gotten my new SU spice paper and this SU stamp from the holiday mini and I love this fall themed card that came out.  I decided to only color some of the image.  Pale Sepia is a great copic marker color - it works for many things and it looks great on these pumpkins.  I actually fussy cut the wheelbarrow so it would fit in it's entirety on the mat layer.  I popped it up with dimensionals to add a little additional visual image.  There is a layer of more mustard ribbon over a scallop edge at the meeting point of the two spice cake papers.  I plan to use this as my thank you card for my Aunt who is hosting our dinner.  I think I'll also make a few more of these for thanksgiving.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love the rivets you added to the sides and love the yellow and turquoise together.

Vee said...

Hi Linda I love your card.The background papers go so well together and that wheelbarrow full of Pumkins is so cute, Hugs Vee X

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome project Linda! I love the cardboard with added texture. Great layout- I never use my larger eyelets- love the look of them on your project!

BarbaraW said...

Fab card. Great job on the wheelbarrow and great background

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love it, Linda...So beautiful!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty card Linda! I love it when you do this fold with the large eyelets! I've got to give it a try! Have a fun weekend! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful fall card - love the wheelbarrow and fun fold!

Ida said...

Great Fall Card. I love the image you used and the large rivets on the side.

Chrissy D said...

What a COOL way to use card board! Great card!