Friday, October 7, 2011

Bloggers Challenge - Falling for you/TCP Hype the Type

Happy Friday,


Today's post is for two challenges.  Our Blogger's Challenge this week was 'falling for you' and they said 'open for interpretation.  So, I thought of things falling from tree's and things I've fallen for (my husband) so I came up with this card with a bunch of acorns and the phrase 'nuts about you.'

The TCP challenge is 'hype the type' and they are asking us to make the sentiment the focal point.  I pulled these acorns and the 'nuts about you' sentiment from my happy camper stamp set and set the whole thing in a distressed, grunge theme with this fun new paper 'campy trails' from American Crafts, combined with some old olive, kraft and very vanilla.  A big chocolate chip striped bow sets off the card.  I fancy cut all those acorns out and set them randomly on the bottom of the card.  This one will be tucked away for my husband's birthday later this month.  I love when a challenge causes me to make a card well in advance of the deadline.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.



10 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great card Linda, I'm sure your hubby will love it and it's perfect for the challenge!

BarbaraW said...

Cool card. Love the image with the sentiment.

Ida said...

Super Fun. Love the sentiment combined with the acorns. Great colors too.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This card is beautiful but it made me laugh. I immediately thought what a great card this would be for my husband. Our home backs onto an Oak filled ravine and my husband spends all his free time picking up Oak leaves and acorns. Your card is perfect because these things never stop falling...

Karen said...

Love the little cut-out acorns on the tree background paper!

Lori said...

This is perfect for both challenges, Linda! Love the color scheme and big bow embellishment.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Fantastic card, Linda! We were certainly thinking along the same lines! I combined the same challenges and I made a card for my hubby too! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Love the added acorns and colors you used!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great card for your hubby! I love the sweet sentiment you used for him!

Chrissy D said...

Great work with the fun papers and acorns!!! Love the bow - wonderful card!