Friday, October 21, 2011

Bloggers Challenge

Hi everyone,

Happy Friday.  Are you having a good day?  I hope so.  I had the day off so this morning I went to a new yoga studio nearby called Bcalm yoga in Hopkinton MA.   They do HOT yoga and it's a 90 minute class. Normally I do 'regular' yoga (82 degrees) for 75 minutes so I knew this one would be a challenge, but it was good.  The instructor was very good, the facilities great and I surprised myself by getting into the pose 'wheel' for the first time.  It took me till the third try and I'm sure it wasn't pretty, but it was progress.

Then I headed over the brand new Wegman's that just opened in our area.  This is the first wegman's grocery store in New England so it was mobbed, even though the grand opening was Sunday.  It was a little overwhelming since the store has so much stuff and there were so many people, but I was glad to go and I filled a shopping cart with goodies for the family.

So, on to my card...





This card is for the bloggers challenge of 'fall blossoms.'  Don't you just think of chrysanthemum's when you think of fall blossoms?  That was the image that came to my mind so I inked up this papertrey ink anniversary set and did some masking to get the three color mum's into the wild flower scene.  I also used my new PTI button die to make these fun buttons using a layer of cardboard and then a top layer of patterned paper.  The beauty of the hand made buttons is they are MUCH thinner so you don't have extra postage.

Well, I'm off to Eric's soccer game.  It's beautiful today - sunny and 60, then over to a stampin up event.  Overall a fun-filled day.

Make it a great day.
Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Great card, Linda!!

BarbaraW said...

Wonderful image. The buttons look great.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful fall florals! love the addition of the fun buttons!

Karen said...

Pretty card, pretty colors... The buttons are really cute, and it's a nice way to balance the patterned paper at the top.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful card Linda! These flowers are so pretty! The buttons are great too! :D

Basement Stamper said...

the button die is super cute with this card.

Chrissy D said...

PRETTY! Love the pocket card and your design!

Ida said...

What a lovely Fall scene. You did a great job with this challenge.
Now I don't know what "Hot" Yoga is but whatever it is it sounded hard so I think I'll pass.