Sunday, October 2, 2011

Christmas Cards

Good morning bloggers,

Happy Sunday.  What do you have planned for today?  Believe it or not, I'm excited to clean the windows in my bedroom.  A few weeks ago we removed the AC unit and yuck, I noticed the crud on the window that is keeping the fall sunlight from coming in.  I hate cleaning windows so I never do the whole job at once.  I always do one room at a time, so this morning, I'll take an hour and do the windows in my bedroom.

After that, I'll head to church, my DH and I will go to Target and then catch the Patriot's game at 4:00.  Maybe I'll get a chance to make some cards in there as well.

What are you up to today?

My post today is two Christmas themed cards.

First, up is a simple tree card.  I love that pretty red background paper, but I think I'm going to jazz this baby up by adding some pearls or bling to the scallop circle.  I was going for a natural theme, but it seems like it needs 'something.'  This would be one of the cards I would have in the card pack for the auction for my niece's school.  It is a charter school, all about environmental stuff, so my sister said - keep to nature.  I think even with a little bling this fits the bill.  I mean, there is bling in nature - right? 


This next card was inspired by my Florida Christmas's.  Decorating for Christmas in Florida was very different from how I decorate now that I live in New England.  My husband and I lived in Melbourne Florida when we were first married in the mid-80's.  I feel in love with southern christmas decorating and one of my favorite accents was the pink poinsetta.  The flower petal edges would be green or cream and the flower petal toward the center were beautiful shades of reddish pink.





For my flower petals I did the 'rock and roll' technique where I stamped the image in the pink and then took the edges and stamped them in cream.  I may try this again, but this time fancy cut the flower out in the pink and use a sponge to edge the outer petals.

The colors here are rose red and simply chartreuse.  I masked for the flowers and the leaves and you may notice the die cut pine boughs in the lower right corner.  A few pearl accents in the flower center and scallop edge sparkle this up a bit.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a very relaxing and enjoyable Sunday with people you love.



1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These cards are so pretty Linda! I especially love the one with the pine boughs! Thanks for the inspiration...I need to get started on some Christmas cards! :D