Monday, October 3, 2011

Fruit and One hour in the closet

Good morning bloggers,

I am playing along with a new challenge today.  The ladies at Stampin Sisters in Christ have a weekly challenge that always involves making a card based on scripture.  I thought it would be fun to play along.  The scripture this week is from Galatians.

"Gal. 5:22-23a "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

The challenge, therefore, was to use fruit in my card.

I had gotten this pear stamp when I was at inspiration station for the memory box workshop and I had an idea to use paper piecing on the pears.  I grabbed the sketch from a book I had and voila... a nice thinking of you card that could be appropriate for any number of occasions.

So, that's my card.  Did you do anything fun this weekend?  I was so glad to get the windows in my bedroom cleaned.  I can see outside now!!!  I also finished cleaning out my craft closet.  Whoo - Hoo!  That closet has been a mess for a while and it got to be a really big mess over the summer.  I dreaded the thought of spending hours in there, so I came up with a plan.  At the beginning of Sept, I decided to spend 1 hour in the closet per week.  Here is what the closet looked like before I started.


Eeek, how embarassing.  This looks like something right out of the TV show hoarders!!!  Here is what it looked like after I spent 2 hours:



And finally, this is what it looked like yesterday after I spent my final hour in the closet.  I had about 3 garbage bags worth of stuff and 3 bags of items soon to go up on e-bay.  I also have a nice big box of office/school supplies.  Who knew I had so many pens, post it notes and rulers laying around?



I'm so happy to have it done.  Now, I can go in the closet (yes, it's a walk in and I can walk in) and find my extra ribbon, photo albums, games or scrapbook supplies.  Next closet up for cleaning?  My bathroom closet.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow, you have been busy cleaning!! It's a BEAUTIFUL Craft Closet and must feel sooo nice to have each thing in it's place. That's what I have my DD for ~ she loves to micro manage and clean my craft room, LOL!

Your card is awesome!! LOVE the paper pieced pears and the li'l scene behind them. Great job!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges this week *Ü*

Blessings,
Kris

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty card Linda! Love the paper pieced pears!

You accomplish so much in a weekend...it amazes me! The closet looks great! :D

Karen said...

Would you consider hiring out???