Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Make it Monday Challenge

Good morning bloggers,

Today's post is for this week's make it monday challenge.  The technique we learned this week was adding color using a brayer to an embossed surface.  You can watch the video using the link below:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/10/make-it-monday-38-brayer-and-impression-plate-techniques.html

One of the things I love about this card is the colors.  Sometimes you find a color scheme that is so appealing, you feel like anything you make with it will be wonderful.  That's how I feel about Aqua mist and brown.  These colors are so soothing and elegant together.


This card will be mailed off the Ukraine for my Sarah.  She is such a book lover, I know she'll love this PTI image of the child under the tree reading.

I hope you have a wonderful day.  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Karen said...

This is a beautiful card and I agree, the color combination is lovely. I love the details like the little bit of baker's twine and the embossed background; they're subtle but really effective.

Marybeth said...

Very pretty card, any book lover would be happy to get this.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so lovely Linda! Beautiful color combination! I love the addition of the pearls too! Wonderfully done! :D

Shirley said...

Peaceful and friendly color lovely!!!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Linda. Love the soft colors and sweet image!