Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Make it Monday - Sunflower Card for a friend

Good morning bloggers,
Today's post is for Make It Monday - a Papertrey ink technique challenge.


This week, the MIM technique is to use your regular stamp pads and use a watercolor paint brush and water to faux watercolor your image.

I thought these sunflowers would do well with this technique and I do like the results.  The effect is very subtle, but trust me, up close and personal, you can see bleed lines on all the blossoms and leaves and the color is muted compared to when I first inked it up.

This card is for my old friend Melissa.  She moved to NC several years ago to be near her aging mother.  She is an avid gardener and for years has done lots of free lance landscape jobs.  Recently she got certified as a master gardener and recently got a job as a gardener at the Biltmore estates in the blue ridge mountains.  I am so happy for her and wanted to send a card to acknowledge her job achievement.  Now I just have to get her address.  She's moved a few times while down there and I'm afraid her address in my book may be out of date.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

5 comments:

Karen said...

LOVE the sunflowers in a circle! The paper pattern is fabulous with the flowers and I really like how all the little points echo each other. Fabulous card!

Scrappin4kim said...

It would be a joy to receive this card, I love it!

Suzanne Russell said...

Very pretty, I love the fall colors and the way you fit the sunflowers into the circle for the focal point.

Teresa said...

Your sunflowers are wonderful. Your friend will love the card.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Now I know I commented on this card because I LOVE the plaid paper! Our computer is going crazy again...ugh! The sunflowers turned out so pretty! :D